Friday, September 28, 2012

The Hard Path

After I wrote about how long the path was to launch Sofia's Selection brand of speciality olives and marinated vegetables, I'll take some time to talk about how hard it was. Don't get me wrong here. Although it was was hard, it was challenging also. I learned a lot about start ups, accounting, food regulations, building codes, and how hard it is to get a plumber to do the job for you. The challenges I faced kept me going until I passed the finish line.

There were so many decisions to make from the beginning. What products to launch first? How much they cost? What are my target customers? Will they buy? Location? Packaging? In almost all start ups, there was more than one person to do everything and answer all the questions but I did it alone, not by choice though. Then the other decisions followed, financial decisions, legal decisions, marketing decisions, etc.

Branding was a major decision also since I wanted to make sure our branding efforts go into the right direction from the beginning. Actually, all decisions had to go into the right direction as quick as possible. While I made decisions I had to change later, I don't regret them but they were not the right decisions to help putting Sofia's Selection on the right track. Changing directions on few things made me realize that I need to do more work and do more research to ensure all pieces of the puzzle fit together for a successful launch. In every step of the way, I documented everything I did so I would have a complete archive of my story.


Order your olives today and enjoy the hard work that was done by myself. You can order at the website www.sofiaselection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment